#WalangPasok: Updated List of Work and Class cancellations for September 23, 2022 (Friday)
Manila, Philippines – Several Local Government Units and Schools in the Philippines have suspended classes, and government work on Friday, September 23, 2022, due to the expected inclement weather caused by Tropical Storm Karding.
According to PAGASA, Tropical Depression Karding has intensified into a tropical storm, and it continues to gain strength as it moves over the Philippine Sea. Karding is the 11th tropical cyclone to enter the country this year.
Walang Pasok Updates: September 23, Biyernes
(As of 12:01am, September 23, 2022) Here’s an updated list of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes/work on Wednesday:
On his Facebook page, Cavite Governor Jonvic Remulla announces class suspension on all levels for the entire province on Friday, September 23, 2022.
- Navotas City – All Levels (Private and Public) (source)
- Capas National High School – afternoon onwards (source)
Forecast Weather Conditions
Tropical Storm “Karding” Issued at 05:00 pm, 22 September 2022 (Valid for broadcast until the next advisory to be issued at 11:00 PM today)
“KARDING” INTENSIFIES INTO A TROPICAL STORM HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND AREAS
- The passage of KARDING may bring heavy rains over Northern and Central Luzon beginning late Saturday or Sunday morning. Under these conditions, isolated to scattered flooding (including flash floods) and rain-induced landslides are possible, especially in areas that are highly or very highly susceptible to these hazards as identified in hazard maps and in localities with significant antecedent rainfall.
- The current track and intensity forecast shows a high likelihood that Tropical Cyclone Wind Signals will be hoisted over Northern Luzon and some portions of Central Luzon. The highest possible wind signal that may be hoisted is TCWS #3. Localities in the eastern portions of Northern and Central Luzon may be placed under TCWS #1 as early as Friday evening or early Saturday morning.
HAZARDS AFFECTING COASTAL WATERS
- KARDING may bring moderate to rough seas (1.2 to 3.8 m) over the seaboards of Northern and the eastern seaboard of Central Luzon beginning Sunday. Such conditions may be risky for those using small seacrafts. Mariners are advised to take precautionary measures when venturing out to sea and continue monitoring for updates.
TRACK AND INTENSITY OUTLOOK
- Tropical Storm KARDING will begin to move slowly westward this late afternoon or evening. On the forecast track, the tropical cyclone is forecast to maintain its westward movement while accelerating until it makes landfall in the vicinity of the east coast of Isabela or Cagayan on Sunday. Afterwards, the center of KARDING will traverse the rugged terrain of Northern Luzon before emerging over the West Philippine Sea on Monday.
- KARDING intensified into a tropical storm at 2:00PM today. This tropical cyclone is forecast to continue to intensify while moving over the Philippine Sea and may reach the severe tropical storm category before its landfall.
|Place||Weather Condition||Caused By||Impacts|
|Zambales, Bataan, Occidental Mindoro, and Northern Palawan including Cuyo Island||Cloudy skies with scattered rain showers and thunderstorms||Southwest Monsoon||Possible flash floods or landslides due to moderate to, at times, heavy rains|
|Metro Manila and the rest of the country||Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rain showers or thunderstorms||Southwest Monsoon / Localized Thunderstorms||Possible flash floods or landslides during severe thunderstorms|
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
- DepEd Calls on parents to determine whether their children should go to school during typhoons, floods, and other calamities in the absence of official announcements from DepEd.
- In the absence of storm signal warnings, LGU are expected to announce whole-day class cancellations no later than 4:30AM or half-day class suspensions no later than 11:00AM.
- Storm signal warning declared by PAGASA between 10:00pm and 4:30AM reflects the whole day cancellation of classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
- Storm signal warnings declared by PAGASA by 11:00AM automatically suspend the same day’s afternoon classes at appropriate levels in the affected areas.
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for flight updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Weather Updates: Some Classes for Tuesday, September 23, 2022, have been canceled due to nationwide inclement weather conditions.
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok updates.
Bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest updates on class suspensions.
Searching for the best hotels and affordable flights? Check out our complete list of affordable hotels and resorts via Agoda, or you may also see available Airbnb properties in the city.