#WalangPasok: Updated List of Work and Class cancellations for September 2, 2022 (Friday)
Manila, Philippines – Several Local Government Units and Schools in the Philippines have suspended classes and government work on Wednesday, September 2, 2022, due to the effects of Super Typhoon Henry.
Walang Pasok Updates: September 2, Biyernes
(As of 10:01pm, September 1, 2022) Here’s an updated list of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes/work on Wednesday:
Lungsod ng Maynila – (all levels, both private and public schools)
Malabon City – (all levels, both private and public schools)
Valenzuela City – (all levels, both private and public schools)
Taguig City – (all levels, both private and public schools)
Marikina City – (all levels, both private and public schools)
Caloocan City – (all levels, both private and public schools)
Parañaque City – (all levels, both private and public schools) (source)
Pasig City – (all levels, both private and public schools)
Quezon City – (all levels, both private and public schools)
- Batanes (all levels, both private and public schools)
- Santa Maria, Bulacan – (all levels, both private and public schools)
Cordillera Administrative Region
- Baguio City – Pre-school to Elementary
- La Trinidad, Benguet – Pre-school to Elementary
- Tuba, Benguet – Pre-school to Elementary
- Alaminos, Pangasinan – All levels
- Bolinao, Pangasinan – Pre-school to Elementary
Forecast Weather Conditions Issued at 4:00 PM, 01 September 2022
|Place||Weather Condition||Caused By||Impacts|
|Batanes and Babuyan Group of Islands||Rains with Gusty winds||STY HENRY||Possible flash floods or landslides due to moderate to heavy rains. Very light to light damage to structures and vegetation possible due to moderate to strong winds|
|Metro Manila, Ilocos Region, Cordillera Administrative Region, CALABARZON, MIMAROPA, Western Visayas, Tarlac, Pampanga, Zambales, and Bataan||Cloudy skies with scattered rain showers and thunderstorms||Trough of STY Henry / Southwest Monsoon||Possible flash floods or landslides due to moderate to, at times, heavy rains|
|The rest of the country||Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rain showers or thunderstorms||Localized Thunderstorms||Possible flash floods or landslides during severe thunderstorms|
Super Typhoon “Henry” Issued at 11:00 pm, 01 September 2022
(Valid for broadcast until the next advisory to be issued at 5:00 AM tomorrow)
“HENRY” CONTINUES TO SLOW DOWN OVER THE PHILIPPINE SEA EAST OF BATANES
- HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND AREAS
- Heavy Rainfall
- Tonight through tomorrow: Moderate to heavy rains with, at times, intense likely over Batanes and the Babuyan Islands. Light to moderate with at times heavy rains possible over Ilocos Norte, Apayao, and Cagayan.
- Saturday early morning through the afternoon: Moderate to heavy rains possible over Batanes. Light to moderate with at times heavy rains possible over the Babuyan Islands.
- Under these conditions, isolated to scattered flooding (including flash floods) and rain-induced landslides are possible, especially in areas that are highly or very highly susceptible to these hazards as identified in hazard maps and in localities with significant antecedent rainfall.
- This tropical cyclone is also forecast to enhance the Southwest Monsoon, which may bring rains over the western section of Luzon beginning tomorrow. As such, the issuance of a Weather Advisory for the Southwest Monsoon is likely.
- Severe Winds
- Strong winds (a strong breeze to near gale strength) will be experienced within any of the areas where Wind Signal no. 1 is currently in effect. The potential for hoisting a Wind Signal No. 2 is also not ruled out.
- HAZARDS AFFECTING COASTAL WATERS
- Under the influence of Super Typhoon HENRY, a Gale Warning is in effect for the northern and eastern seaboard of Northern Luzon. For more information, refer to Gale Warning #2 issued at 5:00 PM today.
- In the next 24 hours, HENRY may bring moderate to rough seas over the eastern seaboards of Isabela (2.0 to 4.0 m), Central Luzon, and Southern Luzon (1.2 to 3.0 m). These conditions may be risky for those using small seacrafts. Mariners are advised to take precautionary measures when venturing out to sea and, if possible, avoid navigating in these conditions.
- TRACK AND INTENSITY OUTLOOK
- Super Typhoon HENRY is forecast to continue decelerating and may become almost stationary tomorrow morning. Tomorrow afternoon, HENRY may begin tracking slowly northwestward before eventually accelerating northward by Saturday. On the forecast track, HENRY may exit the Philippine Area of Responsibility on Saturday evening or Sunday morning.
- This super typhoon is forecast to weaken as it continues to slow down and enter its quasi-stationary phase. A short intensification period may also occur by Sunday as HENRY tracks northward over the East China Sea.
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
- DepEd Calls on parents to determine whether their children should go to school during typhoons, floods, and other calamities in the absence of official announcements from DepEd.
- In the absence of storm signal warnings, LGU are expected to announce whole-day class cancellations no later than 4:30AM or half-day class suspensions no later than 11:00AM.
- Storm signal warning declared by PAGASA between 10:00pm and 4:30AM reflects the whole day cancellation of classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
- Storm signal warnings declared by PAGASA by 11:00AM automatically suspend the same day’s afternoon classes at appropriate levels in the affected areas.
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for flight updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Weather Updates: Some Classes for Wednesday, September 2, 2022, have been canceled in some areas due to nationwide inclement weather conditions.
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok updates.
Bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest updates on class suspensions.
Searching for the best hotels and affordable flights? Check out our complete list of affordable hotels and resorts via Agoda, or you may also see available Airbnb properties in the city.